Friday, June 23, 2017
Feature: #CAPTURADVENTUR WITH RENAULT CAPTUR AND LOCAL PERSONALITIES
In conjunction with this year’s Hari Raya celebrations, fans of artists Erwin Dawson Shah and Linda Rafar, as well as online personalities Jazel Lim and Karen Kho can soon catch their #CapturAdventur road trips in the sporty and versatile Renault Captur urban crossover.
Between now to July 2017, the four out-going and energetic personalities will be sharing their excursions on the Renault Malaysia Instagram and Facebook pages while inviting fans and the general public to not only like their posts but also join the #CapturAdventur contest and stand the chance to win prizes of their own
The Renault Captur is an urban crossover that encourages an active, ‘go-getter’ lifestyle as encapsulated by its tagline ‘Capture Life’. To this end, TC Euro Cars, the official distributor of Renault vehicles in Malaysia, has launched the #CapturAdventur campaign, which aims to showcase everyday people living their lives with the Renault Captur.
To catch Erwin, Jazel, Karen and Linda on their #CapturAdventur trips, check out the Renault Malaysia Instagram page (www.instagram.com/RenaultMalaysia) or the Renault Malaysia Facebook page (www.facebook.com/RenaultMalaysia).
#CapturAdventur road safety tips for the upcoming holidays
For Muslim friends planning to balik kampung or those making trips during the break, the #CapturAdventur featured personalities have the following tips to share:
Erwin Dawson Shah:
Planning ahead and making preparations is the key to a smooth and stress-free road trip.
· Make sure your vehicle is in a roadworthy condition. At the very least, take it for a 21-point safety inspection and ensure all recommended repairs are completed
· Plan the route to your destination and give yourself enough time to reach it, especially in anticipation of delays due to heavy traffic
· Schedule regular rest stops along the way, especially if travelling with young children who can be restless during long car rides
· Make sure your valuables and home are secured and you have all the necessary documents or items before heading out on your trip
While on the road, remain vigilant and practice safe driving habits at all times.
· Front and rear passengers should have seatbelts fastened in addition to the driver
· Don’t drive on the emergency lane and observe speed limits at all times
· Be aware of your own blind spots and always use your indicator lights before switching lanes or making a turn
· If it rains, slow down and turn on your headlights. And in downpours, do not turn on your hazard lights while driving as that indicates a stopped vehicle and can cause confusion for other drivers leading to accidents
Aside from speeding, driver fatigue is another common cause of accidents on the road, especially on highways during long trips.
· If you are the primary driver, make sure you get plenty of rest the night before
· Take safety breaks periodically to ensure you can continue to stay alert and focused on the road and surroundings
· Don’t overload on junk food – the carbohydrates can make you sleepy
· Minimise distractions. Travelling with young children, for example, can be challenging as they get bored and irritable on long trips. So, make sure you’re ready to keep them entertained!
No matter how safely you drive, always be mindful that other drivers and road users may not be as cautious as you are.
· Always be aware of blind spots as well as observe and anticipate other vehicles on the road, using your rear and side mirrors regularly
· Always maintain a safe distance between you and the vehicle in front. This distance should increase to at least five seconds or more at night and depending on visibility due to weather conditions like heavy rain
· Only overtake when it is absolutely safe to do so
· Be courteous towards fellow road users – keep your temper and do not retaliate
· When driving through towns, slow down and be especially alert when approaching traffic lights, turnings and cross junctions
· If travelling with young children, always use the child seats (anchored using the ISOFIX attachment points if the vehicle comes with them) for added protection
Expressive styling and efficient versatility for the active and young-at-heart
Fashionable yet practical, the Renault Captur is compact on the outside, but spacious and versatile on the inside. These attributes, combined with its expressive styling and trendy dual-tone exterior, high driving position as well as large 17-inch wheels make the Captur particularly suited for today’s modern urban drivers who increasingly seek safe and efficient vehicles that can complement their active lifestyles.
The Renault Captur is powered by the new turbocharged TCe 120 engine that is mated to a 6-speed Efficient Dual Clutch (EDC) transmission, which not only delivers performance equivalent to a traditional 1.8L engine but also enables powerful acceleration from low revs. At the same time, this spirited crossover also offers excellent fuel efficiency of up to 5.4L/100km.
Inside, Renault has paid a lot of attention to detail. Refinements include attractive zippable seat covers with stylish stitching that are removable for easy washing, a reversible boot floor with carpeting on one side and plastic on the other as well as the sliding and foldable bench seat, which splits 60:40 for increased boot space.
Standard features and safety equipment include:
· Auto Headlights and Rain Sensors
· MediaNav with 7” touchscreen, AUX, USB, Bluetooth, Navigation and Reverse camera
· Keyless entry and start
· Eco mode for additional fuel efficiency of up to 10 percent
· Four high-efficiency airbags – dual frontal and dual head/thorax side. A specific algorithm adjusts the way the head-thorax airbags are deployed to match the severity of the impact. For added safety, two additional sensors function to detect impacts and respond up to twice as quickly.
· Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with traction control
· Hill Start Assist
Pricing and availability
Following the commencement of local assembly in April, the Renault Captur is now certified as an EEV (Energy Efficient Vehicle). It also continues to offer the same specifications and features found in the fully-imported version and as such, provides better value for money at the new price of RM109,000 (on-the-road inclusive of GST, without insurance, for Peninsular Malaysia and private registration).
For additional cost savings, an early bird rebate of RM11,000, which brings the price to an even more attractive RM98,000 is still available (on-the-road inclusive of GST, without insurance, for Peninsular Malaysia and private registration).
The locally-assembled Renault Captur is now available across all Renault showrooms in four stylish two-toned colour options. The four colour options are:
· Flame Red (body) / Diamond Black (roof) – New colour combination
· Arizona Orange (body) / Diamond Black (roof)
· Pacific Blue (body) / Ivory (roof)
· Ivory (body) / Diamond Black (roof)
Like all Renault mainstream vehicles, the locally-assembled Captur comes with a five-year manufacturer’s warranty with unlimited mileage. This warranty is fully backed by Renault and not undertaken by any other insurance companies, which means terms and conditions as well as parts covered are consistent from the first year of ownership to the end of the warranty period.
Since its debut, the Captur has become one of Renault’s most in-demand models, with more than 760,000 units produced globally since 2013. This increasingly successful compact urban crossover is also the number one seller in its segment in Europe.
For more information about Renault in Malaysia, please visit www.renault.com.my or www.facebook.com/RenaultMalaysia.