Tuesday, October 08, 2019

Two Isuzu D-Max Owners Win... An Isuzu D-Max Each


You buy a brand new Isuzu D-Max...and you end up with another D-Max. This is what happened to two proud Isuzu D-Max owners recently. These lucky blokes not only got to enjoy their new pickup truck that they bought and then, they won another brand-new 2019 Isuzu D-Max 2.5 Auto 4x4 in the recently concluded Isuzu D-Max Buy and Win contest.


The Isuzu D-Max Buy and Win Contest was held in conjunction with the Hari Raya and  Hari Gawai celebrations this year. Mr. Ghanie Entalang of Sebauh, Sarawak (photo above) and Mr Sugumaran A/L Nagappan (photo below) were picked as the winners of the contest. Of course, to enter this special contest, they had to have bought their D-Max trucks between April and June this year to be eligible to participate.


Ghanie is a scaffolder from Sebauh, Sarawak. He thought the call he received of his win was some joke and didn't believe it at first. He said, “The first thought that crossed my mind was that this was some kind of a scam. It was only upon listening further to the caller that I recalled filling in a contest form when I bought my car. I was so excited from the news that I didn’t sleep that night.” 

Ghanie was already familiar with the virtues of the Isuzu D-Max before even purchasing the vehicle. As he hails from East Malaysia, pickup trucks are a common sight over there where the roads and terrain are a tad bit rougher than over in the Peninsula. So he was quite familiar with the Isuzu D-Max.
 “A number of my relatives in Sebauh already own the Isuzu D-Max and I have seen that it is a very capable 4x4 vehicle whether on or off-road.  The D-Max has become the main mode of transport for my family and its fuel efficiency and good performance are ideal for the conditions on the unsealed roads through the hills to my home,” explained Ghanie whose family lives in the Jabris Naong long house which is located approximately 60km from Bintulu.

Ghanie intends to give the prize winning D-Max to his father, Mr. Entelang Embai for his use commuting between town and his village.
Entelang himself added,  “This D-Max means a lot to the family as we need to travel regularly from the village to Bintulu. The roads are not predictable so it will definitely make our journeys more pleasant and secure.” 

Sugumaran was equally surprised to have won. The 56 year old from Seremban said, “I just thought it was an ordinary lucky draw to win something small. When I got a call from the dealer, I was quite shocked and thought it was a joke. But later, I got a call from Isuzu head office confirming that I won a car. I was so happy,”  

Sugumaran operates a truck business but spends most days as a safety officer visiting oil palm estates so the D-Max comes in handy. 
“I visit one or two plantations a day and I used two pick-up trucks before this. I was planning on retiring but boredom got to me so I decided to get back into the business and was looking for a pick-up truck. I did not have prior experience with Isuzu but I liked its shape and the reasonable price. I also liked the lid which was handy so I bought it.”

“I must say that after four months, I like the fuel efficiency. It is by far something that impresses me most about the vehicle. The stability too is remarkable and whether it is on the estate roads or on the highways, the Isuzu D-Max always feels well planted and gives me confidence,” added Sugumaran.

The COO of Isuzu Malaysia Masayuki Suzuki handed over the prize to Ghanie at the KM Mobil Isuzu showroom in Bintulu while General Manager Kenkichi Sogo handed the prize to Sugumaran at the Jumbo Arena Isuzu showroom in Kluang.

So folks, this contest definitely had a very happy ending. Let's hope that next year there will be more contests like this from Isuzu Malaysia!

No comments: