Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Site Update: Our Videos Are On DriveTribe Reviews - Two of 'Em Actually!



We are on DRIVETRIBE.com folks! Well, a few of my videos actually. I have been posting a few of Motoring-Malaysia's YouTube Channel videos on their 'Today's Top News' column and two of the videos have been chosen to be featured on the DriveTribe Reviews Section! Quite a feat if I may say so myself!


I mean, who else am I going to tell if you you regular readers or viewers lah. You folks out there know that one of the reason I started writing, and now videomaking is because I wanted to share my thoughts about everything I like, or dislike in the automotive scene in general. 

I have to say that my journey has been quite fulfilling to date. I have surprisingly picked my quite a few accolades over the years and they somehow keep adding up...especially on a global scale. Of course, there have been times where I have been frustrated about this journey, but every once in awhile, like these past few weeks have been fruitful. I mean, featured in the Drivetribe main reviews page!

You see, while anyone can join and then post on a 'Tribe' or on the 'Today's Top News' section of the website, your story has to be picked up by a 'Tribe Leader' or 'Ambassador' to be highlighted in the main sections. 

So far, I have been extremely chuffed that two of my videos have been showcased as such, the 2019 Toyota Supra Short Test Drive and the 2019 Porsche 911 Carrera S Type 992 Short Test at Sepang. (Click on the highlighted links to head to their respective pages on DRIVETRIBE or just watch from in here...but then again, click on those links and watch over there so that you can clearly see what I am talking about here).

So why wouldn't I be extremely pleased? Well, to quote Wikipedia, "DriveTribe is an automotive online community platform founded by (and featuring content from) The Grand Tour presenters Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond. These are automotive journalism icons here. 

The platform features different automotive-themed 'tribes' which people can join, post to, live chat with members of and share content on. The idea of the platform is to have one site for all automotive enthusiasts to share their passions."

These are three of the most prolific automotive journalists in the world today and DriveTribe is something they had recently started. It is good that they have a platform where everyone can share their favourite articles, videos or even thoughts on a single web portal. I mean everyone. It could even be you and your article may also be highlighted there too. It may not mean anything to you that my videos are featured there, but to good ol' me, it is. 

I have been following the writings and also the TV series these chaps made since the 1990s and it is good to know that the stuff I have done is good enough to be shared on a global scale by an online community platform started by these blokes.

So try watching these vids chaps!


No comments: