Friday, March 15, 2019

Been Busy With My Automotive Blog and Videos - Here's a Pic of Some of the Gear I Use


I have been extremely busy with automotive related events these past few months. I have also been growing the Motoring Malaysia YouTube channel and producing videos for it over the past year or so. 
It has been a steep learning for me as I had to learn video editing and other stuff related to it. 


Anyway, I have always been hit by something called G.A.S, or gear acquisition syndrome. In terms of shoes, clothing and other my toys. So in terms of operating my websites and YouTube channel, I do have equipment to take the necessary photos and also moving pictures. 


My photography and videography gear at the moment is a mix of both small sensor and larger sensor cameras Some of which are pictured herein. These are a mix of old aan new. Some of the cameras have been around for awhile but since they shoot at 1080p, which is the optimum format for producing YouTube vlog style videos quickly, they are still used. 

I also use my smartphones too simply because these are now actually so good that you don't need to use real cameras these days. The cameras pictured don't even have the super quick autofocus like my current phone (although i have my hands on a Canon 200d which now sits in the hands of my 15y.o kid. It has Canon Dual Pixel AF which is super nice for one man filmmaking).

The photos were taken by my Oppo R15 Pro. The camera is quite good actually and works well for both photo and video (4k capable). I usually use it with an external microphone and also use the Joby gorillapod tripod as a filming rig. It works well in the run and gun setup which is needed to churn out news and also feature pieces. 

The automotive industry is fast paced with reviews and articles that need to be published as soon as possible after the event. Why? That industry works that way...that pace. 

So in terms of gear, I've got lots. There are a few more stuff not in the photos. More will be added also. I think I will be sharing more filmmaking gear here too. Stay tuned.

No comments: