Wednesday, June 22, 2016

1990s Honda Impreza - Just found these photos from 2010 on my PC



This is a Honda Impreza. No joke. Neither Honda nor Subaru ever made these before. This is just the ingenuity of one of our fellow Malaysian. I actually had these pics taken from mudah.my in 2010 but I promptly forgot about this super modified Honda City who wanted so much to be a Subaru. Scoop, goalpost spoiler and all. It was hidden away somewhere and I managed to find them as I was looking through some older files from my hard drive. Boy. I'd like to give these people another A for effort. And another A for allowing the friendly neighbourhood fiberglass shop to make some money.

From this.....
....to this - With a Subaru Tecnica International sticker at the rear door too!

Someone had taken the 3rd generation (but 1st generation South East Asian market only) Honda City and decided that they'd like to make it into a Subaru Impreza WRX STI instead. The exact Impreza model is the second generation GD series model to be precise. When people spend so much money making a car into another car the only reason is that they cannot afford their dream car but have some cash lying around to make some serious modification to their current ride. 

Well, if the modified car was so good, it wouldn't have end up getting on the used ads. I think I have personally seen this car on the streets of Kuala Lumpur back then. I think I was actually driving my Impreza when I spotted this abomination on Jalan Tun Razak. Maybe after bumping into many other Subaru Impreza he felt a little bit ashamed driving his Hondabaru Citipreza. Or was it the Subada Cimprezty. 

Seriously folks. Do not mod your car into any other car that isn't the same brand as yours. And also do not change the badge of your Honda City to a Honda Civic Type-R even. People will know especially in this day an age where your car will end up on the internet and people will laugh a little at your accomplishment. Save your money for the real thing. This is like a Petaling Street copy of an expensive watch. Not a first grade copy also. Trust me.


Nissan brake calipers summore!

S U B A R U - When I grow up, I wanna defect...I wanna be a Scooby!


(c) 2016 motoring-malaysia.blogspot.com

No comments: