Monday, June 13, 2016

Spotted on the Streets: My mid-2000s Ssangyong Rexton has no resale value...what should I do with it?


This is a normal Ssangyong Rexton. It was sold in Malaysia is the mid 2000s. It is powered by a Mercedes Benz 2.7liter diesel engine and 5 speed automatic gearbox. It was quite hardy but it still cost somewhere in the RM138,000+ when it was brand new (circa 2007). And then you know its one of those funny named Korean cars...Ssangyong. So the resale value is pretty much rock bottom. These days you see people asking around RM20,000 for one. So what do you do with a Rexton that has no second hand value? You pimp it out of course.

But I never expected this to come out. 



So let's see what this has. A Hummer-esque front grille. Wheelarches from a Jeep Wrangler and faux V8 cylinder heads poking from the bonnet.Projector headlights. Very ambitious mods indeed. Head Shakingly ambitious. A for effort. That's the only A I can give.

I would have saved the money to buy another SUV instead. 

With thanks to Mr. Z for the photo. This made my day a while ago.

(c) 2016 motoring-malaysia.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That is really cool and a great look. The design really shows that you can take a simple car and make it great. The effort is well worth it and he deserves both my thumbs up.