Saturday, May 07, 2016

BMW Vision Next 100 Concept Car and a Japanese Anime BMW



1983 was the year when the Crusher Joe anime cartoon movie was released over the Japan. It was based on a series of Japanese light sci-fi novels that told the story of a group of anti-heroes that travelled the universe and did lots of stuff including terraforming planets. I think the stories were set sometime in 2170 or thereabouts. More than a hundred years from 2016. 



2016 also marked BMW's unveiling of the BMW Vision Next 100 Concept Car. Lets just compare what the 1983 anime thought how a BMW, 190 years or so (from 1983 - I'm not counting accurately when I type) looked like. Do ignore that the BMW in Crusher Joe supposedly hovers. Just take into account the overall design and style. Which would you prefer?


I actually had this 1/60th scale model kit back in the 1980s. Damn, they looked cool. Damn...I also just realised I'm bloody ancient!





No comments: