Tuesday, July 02, 2019

VIDEO: 2019 BMW M2 Competition Track Test / Drive Experience at the Sepang Circuit


This is the video of my track test / session on the Sepang Circuit with the 2019 BMW M2 Competition. As I've stated in the launch article, which has a written part of this drive experience, the compact coupe is sublime. The car feels like something ol' skool as the 3.0liter twin turbocharged in-line six feels so lag free and full of throttle response. Go read it here if you haven't.




But I also suggest viewing the video which is posted on our YouTube channel (and embedded here) as I intentionally left the audio levels high. This is exactly what I experienced in the M2 Competition in terms of aural pleasure. The noise levels at full chat is extremely intoxicating. One of the rawest 6 cylinder engines to have come out in recent years and I felt extremely lucky to experience it in all of its glory. 

On track on the Sepang Circuit in this coupe is an experience to lap up (pun intended) as it is one of the rawest cars I have driven in recent years. Well, it is a 'Competition' actually. 

It may not be as fast as the M5 which was in front of me but the car could definitely hold its own in terms of where it sits in the //M Car hirearchy. It is definitely slower in a straight line than an M5, but it is a better drive than the M4 which was behind me in the very high speed track session. In terms of launch dates, the M4 came out prior to the M5 and this M2 so in terms of chassis development it does show. 

If you have the means, buy the M2 Competition. It is that good. As a driver's car, you may need to strip out one of your cars and tune the heck out of it to make it feel this good. Or buy a Porsche 911 GT3. Which could cost more in the long run to maintain. 

Why do I have to have a limited amount of income? 

No comments: