Friday, April 03, 2015

Upcoming Test Drives, a review on an auction center and a farewell to a trusted friend (Subaru Impreza TS Sold!)


I've had my hands full these couple of weeks. Tested lots of cars, both from the manufacturers as well as those that belonged to people I know. So far I've already published the reviews on the Volkswagen Golf R Mk6 and the Audi A6 3.0 TFSI Quattro C7. I've yet to publish the one on the crackingly good Ford Fiesta ST and the one on the polished, small engined Volkswagen New Beetle 1.2 TSI. The Fiesta ST is indeed one of the best supermini sized hot hatches around. It is so adjustable, so chuckable and engages you in it. The Volkswagen Beetle 1.2 TSI shows you how iconic it is and how accomplished a tiny 1.2liter engine can haul and do things these days. I will get them published as soon as they get done.





Then I also went to an auction centre in Shah aLAM. Fleet Management Solution Sdn Bhd are licensed auctioneers that actually sell everything that people (mainly through their companies) want disposed. The system is clear and transparent as you have to bid on the items once placed on sale. I got to see where you can actually get used bargains. Company cars that have outlived their purpose are sold here. You can even ask them to auction off your cars if you're interested. Stay tuned for a write up on this too.


And lastly, I had to let an old friend go. I sold off the Subaru Impreza 1.6TS. It has been with me for almost ten years but I suppose it's time to move on. Faithful to the last. It has taken me over 255,000km worth of places and experiences. I hope that it finds another owner who is worthy. Oh well, Ob La Di Ob La Da, Life goes on......I will try do a write up on this once I feel like writing a quasi love story about a man and his car.

So folks, stay tuned for a few more articles this coming couple of weeks.


No comments: