Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Geneva 2014: Subaru Viziv 2 Concept - Subaru is showing us again how their future will NOT look like


Here is another concept car from Subaru. They've been showing us the Viziv Concept last year and now this one is called the Subaru Viziv 2 Concept. This concept showcases "environmental friendliness and driving pleasure" as well as "design and utility" at the highest level. What this plug-in hybrid crossover vehicle actually tells me is that THIS IS WHAT SUBARU WILL NOT BUILD FOR US IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

Why am I saying so?


Quite simple actually. Once you remember about the recent Subaru Legacy Concept and the  also recentSubaru WRX Concept car you'd remember that these two cars, like this Viziv 2 Concept are stunning cars which I wouldn't mind plonking down a large wad of Malaysian Ringgit for. But when they actually came out I was gobsmacked. Not because they looked good, but because the cars ended up looking pretty dull and as boring as watching some clothes waiting to dry whilst twiddling one's thumbs.

So Subaru is basically telling me that this isn't what they'll actually build but it tells me that they can build it but only once, for a car show and that's about it. So am I going to explain what drivetrain does it have (typical Subaru Boxer in 1.6liter form hooked up to a CVT) or what else does it do? No. The pictures are good enough for you to look at though.

Those doors will never, ever make a production Subaru. Which is one of the reasons why I am adamant that this is an exercise in futility.



No comments: