Friday, January 23, 2015

Honda City SX8 into a Honda Impreza from years ago. Malaysia Boleh.


Now speaking about Subaru Impreza GD series (here called V7/8/9) clones, I have to say that the first generation  ASEAN only Honda City SX8 (not counting the two earlier Japan based ones) I saw five or six years ago is the best that I have seen so far. The Saga BLM, Waja clones aren't as good as this. Of course, there were those who bought the Hyundai Accent with the locally made RXS (stupidly using same logo and font for its badge as a Yamaha RXS motorcycle sold years earlier in Malaysia) and rebadged it as a Subaru.

This 'Honda City was only sold in South East Asia and is based on the then recently discontinued Honda Civic EF chassis. That chassis was actually quite good and even though the City came with a SOHC VTEC 1.5liter engine, it could handle the hotter Twin Cam 1.6liter VTEC used in the hotter SiR EF Civics easily. So those days we had some of these Cities with at least 160hp instead of 102hp.



Anyway, from a lowly South East Asian market only Honda car to an 'Impreza'. Fuiyoh. I wonder where is this car now and whether it had a hotter engine in it. It was posted on sale 5 years ago on mudah.my. I saved it on my computer, forgot about it but after browsing through my files.  Remember, this was in 2009/2010, when the GD Impreza still costed a bomb here in Malaysia. So, here it is for all to see, complete with STI stickers.......and it is still amazing to view after all these years. And imagine the amount of time and money spent also. The Honda City Impreza WRX STI.





Photo: mudah.my (from years ago)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This type of Honda City is really old-school. Cool!