Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Last November ......

.......I drove over 200km or from KL to Pengkalan Pegoh, Ipoh (remember this place readers - it is one of the last traditional kampung settlement right smack in Ipoh City) in this...
.it was epic. My hands got tired waving at people who constantly waved at me. Then it rained...things got even more awsome...Driving a 1950s ragtop in a tropical storm halfway to Ipoh......I repeat..IT WAS EPIC.

..and drove this...

from Ipoh to KL. A nicely sorted out Mini 1275GT. The fastest Mini you could buy in the mid-Seventies (That's 1970s to you young ones). Ignore the red car in the foreground people...nothing to see here...move along folks...move along.

I also drove this....
It was more like piloting it as it wafts slowly down a kampung road. Truly the best way to travel. Even today.

And lastly, this crazy original LHD milspec Willys Jeep (export spec with a 2.5liter 4 cylinder engine) that was filled up with avgas (aviation gas)

.... A real beast to drive...sputtering...sputtering....then Powahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Without doors, windows, roof, proper seats, seatbelts (hey, its authentic milspec - like those you see in vietnam, korean war movies!!!!)...oh yeah...no key, just a kill switch and a starter buttom and 24v battery system. The only registered one in Malaysia. It may not have a bazillion horsepower, but without anything resembling safety equipment around...you feel extremely mortal after driving it.

I was chuffed to bits last November. I mean who wouldn't be after all of this?

I will get about and write about all of these stupendous drives and rides...but I have been extremely busy with life.... So it's going to take awhile. Do bear with me...and enjoy the ride as I often cook up something in between writing about drives mentioned above.

3 comments:

Loki said...

Pure awesomeness!

Firdaus Asri said...

Awesome bro!!! I like that 1275 Mini :)

Rigval Reza said...

Thanks guys. I will write about them rides...soon I hope!