Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Site Update: I'm Back! Or Damn, it's So Darn Hard to Start Writing Again After a Self Imposed Break and Thoughts About the Future

I'm Back! Well, technically back and will start reporting and writing about the automotive scene here again after a nice long self imposed break. It was well needed as I think 2019 was an achievement for this blog, or Motoring Malaysia in many ways. 

We made it to over 1,000 Subscribers over on our YouTube Channel. This is an achievement as by the end of 2018 we only had about 600 or so subs. Reaching 1,000 was quite important as you get a chance to be monetized by YouTube and can earn some pocket money for me. Why do I say for 'me'? And not for the blog? 


I suppose because Motoring Malaysia is still 100% run by Yours Truly. I still write every written piece you see here and I am the bloke test driving, writing and uploading the reviews or new bits. I am also the bloke doing most of the video work too - I am the person who records (films/videos etc) the footage you see on YouTube. I am also the bloke who puts it all together and publishes it over on YouTube. Basically I am the guy whose opinion you read or whose opinion you watch. 

And because of that I thank you.

Of course, I am still quite biased to my own thoughts and opinions. It may have become a little toned down over the years as all of these events and vehicle launches have kept me busy. Not to mention the fact that most vehicle or passenger cars these days aren't as shitty as they were back then. Even the shittiest car companies out that make decent cars. It is usually down to the bad aftersales that affects a brand's reputation these days. Rarely I need to make a statement that the car is shit.

Well, the only car which I quite dislike driving or looking at could be the Nissan Almera. To me, it says that the owner is..."Die,die I must drive a Japanese car". It just looks quite dumpy and it also says that the people who bought it are so into driving a B segment car with a lot of space. Hello, no matter how much headroom it has you don't need it. Only car sharing companies or ride sharing companies should be owning one in my opinion.

Aside from that, even car models that I didn't like prior to 2017 have mostly improved tremendously. The current Honda Civic is that model. The previous one for crap and was actually made during a period where Honda thought that since the world was in recession, we shall build a car that reflected that period. We got a cost cut Civic that time and now, with the current generation Honda Civic, even with that quite temperamental turbochaged 1.5liter engine, it is a hit in many ways for them and most Malaysians. 

So the future is bright, expensive in the long run maybe due to all the technology that will be fitted in the cars these days and the cars to come. Interesting in terms of Active Safety Systems, Infomation Systems and other stuff. Of course, the distant future may see full automation in vehicles and even more people not driving. 

But as long as I still drive and am able to do so, I should be writing and videoing stuff about the automotive scene. 

Stay tuned for more stuff in 2020.

No comments: