Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Two Families in Malaysia Are Using The Most Pathetic Mini MPV in the World!!!!

Remember me writing about the Chana Era CV6? I never thought I'd see people actually buying the darn thing and driving it on Malaysian roads. Why would they even buy this abomination is beyond me, and beyond most of you readers out there too.


I managed to capture one of them in the photo above sometime last month. Look how obscenely narrow it is. I apologize for not taking a photo up close as I was actually amazed someone actually bought one and forgot to whip out my camera phone.

 I forgot about it, but then sometime last week I saw another one on the North South Highway somewhere near Pedas-Linggi. A man was driving it with his wife. He didn't have a paper bag over his head as I would have if I were driving it.

I then remembered about the photo I took, and I remembered that the car in the photo was driven by a lady. And it had curtains in it. It looked like some love and TLC had been put into that car. The question is why ever for?

It is sooooooo narrow that it does not look one bit proportioned. It looks like one of those reef fishes....like the one pictured below. Tall and narrow, able to squeeze between coral. The Chana? Tall and Narrow, easier to topple over when taking evasive action.
-The Chana CV8 MPV ...Really.

I suppose it is cheap at RM40K or thereabouts. You get a 1.3liter MPV with twin sliding doors, extremely hard plastic everywhere, signal and wiper stalks from a 1970s Bedford truck and the added bonus of being extremely fishy looking. Anyway, I am unpleased to report to you guys that there are two registered Chana CV8s prowling the streets of Malaysia. Oh, the Horror. The Horror.

If you spot one, do take out your cameraphone and send me a copy of this 'mini Alphard' *cough*cough*bleargh!!!!*. I'd love to print it out and burn it.

No comments: