Monday, April 04, 2016

A Malaysian wins a MotoGP Championship Race!!!! Congratulations Khairul Idham

Photo Source: NST

I do not write about motor bikes usually but a congratulations is in order to Mr Khairul Idham for making the nation proud. This FIRST EVER Malaysian to win a MotoGP World Championship race! The Honda Team Asia rider came first ahead of Jorge Navarro of Spain - Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 and Brad Binder of South Africa - Team Red Bull KTM. 

I am very proud of this man and I think motorsports could be another avenue for international glory for all Malaysians. Do you not think so too?

Taken from the New Straits Times
Khairul Idham makes history as first Msian to win MotoGP World Championship race BY FADHLI ISHAK - 4 APRIL 2016 @ 1:39 AM

Photo source:GPASIA.COM

KUALA LUMPUR: Rookie Khairul Idham Pawi created history by becoming the first ever Malaysian to emerge victorious in the MotoGP World Championship after winning the Moto3 race at the Argentina Motorcycle Grand Prix today. The Honda Team Asia rider crossed the line in a time of 41 minutes and 35.452 seconds at the Termas de Rio Hondo Circuit ahead of Spaniard Jorge Navarro (Estrella Galicia 0,0) and South African Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Ajo) who were second and third, 26.170s and 30.060s behind Khairul. Adam Norrodin (Drive M7 SIC Racing Team) was in third for most of the second half of the race but crashed on the final corner of the final lap as he pushed for second. He, however, recovered for 11th, 57.893s behind Khairul. Khairul, who was competing in only his third race in Moto3, said he was very happy with the setup of his machine for the race. "Obviously, I am really happy and grateful to get this result today. It feels great to get my first win," said Khairul, in the post race television interview. "The setup of my bike was very good and it gave me a lot of confidence to push hard. "I did not feel pressured. I just tried my best to keep my focus and maintain my lead." Khairul was fourth fastest in qualifying but started from seventh as he had incurred a three-place penalty from Race Direction for riding slowly in the first free practice session on Friday. Adam had started from 17th.

Read More : http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/04/137023/khairul-idham-makes-history-first-msian-win-motogp-world-championship-race

No comments: